Some patients may need regular repeat prescriptions and listed below are a number of different ways in which you can order your prescription :
- Hand deliver request to the surgery, using the right hand side of your prescription, or hand written if you have lost this.
- Order by post with an included SAE
- Use our online service to order repeat prescriptions. If you have access to a PC and don’t already use this service ask at reception for more details and a registration form.
- Nominate your chosen Pharmacy and your repeat prescription will be ordered by them. This will then be authorised by the GP and sent back electronically to the Pharmacy for them
- to dispense and deliver to your home. Please discuss this with your local pharmacy. Some of the local pharmacies already offering this service are Medichem, Lloyds, McCarthy’s, Snowdons, Boots. Don’t forget to let reception know the name of your chosen Pharmacy.
- You can pick up 6 x monthly prescriptions, on certain medications, direct from the chemist using repeat dispensing. Ask your GP about repeat dispensing.
Please note :
Due to the extremely high volume of calls to reception, we no longer take requests for repeat medications over the telephone. If you have any concerns about this please speak to a member of the reception team who will be able to assist.
Remember to order your prescription at least 2 full working days before you need it. Don’t wait till you run out.
Please note that the receptionists are unable to add or alter anything on your repeat prescription. If you need to make changes, be sure to speak to a doctor. Why not make a telephone appointment?
You must see a doctor or one of our nurse practitioners at least once a year for a medication review. If you do not do this we will be unable to continue to issue prescriptions to you.